We love a good stir fry as an option for a well balanced meal, and this beef sesame stir fry from taste.com.au was an absolute treat! Try it out.
- 400g beef stir-fry strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 115g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Chang’s oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Combine beef and sesame seeds in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the beef mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef mixture. Set aside. Add remaining oil, garlic and ginger to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add carrot, corn and beans. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add to wok. Return beef mixture and any juices to wok. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until beef is heated through. Serve with rice.