A delicious lamb recipe thanks to Coles magazine!
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch oregano
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 500g lamb steaks
- 500g vine ripened tomatoes
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 200g baby spinach
- 200g coles tzatziki dip
1. Preheat oven to 220˚C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper
2. Process the onion, garlic, oregano, rosemary and oil in a food processor until a smooth paste forms. Transfer 1/2 cup of the onion mixture to a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb and turn to coat.
3. Heat a BBQ grill or chargrill on high. Cook lamb for 2mins each side or until charred. Transfer to the lined pan with tomatoes. Spoon remaining onion mixture onto lamb. Roast for 8 mins for medium or to your liking. Transfer lamb and tomatoes to a plate. Cover. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
4. Meanwhile, stir the lentils into the juices of the pan. Roast for 5 mins or until heated through. Stir in spinach. Transfer to serving dish.
5. Thinly slice the lamb. Arrange the lamb over the lentil mixture in the dish with the tomatoes. Serve with Tzatziki.